A Photography Competition by Manny Librodo Photography.
The intention is to capture the “stories” of the people in both Central and Super Market of Iloilo City. We honor the Ilonggo “viajedors,” and “bolanteros” who have made a living in the market.
We want to show the genuine handwork of vendors, kargadors, drivers, cooks, business owners and customers as they all interact in a constantly evolving and living market community.
1. The contest is free and open to everyone. There is no need to register.
2. Each participant is limited to two entries. Photos submitted must have been taken between February 21 and February 28, 2023.
3. All photographs must be taken with a digital camera.
4. Entries may be submitted in either portrait or landscape orientation, in color or black and white/monochrome.
5. Entries must be in jpeg format, at least 2 megabytes in size, and submitted online by March 1, 2023 to email@example.com. There will be no extension.
6. Photo modifications (both global and selective) are permitted using any photo software, but they must not impair the image’s authenticity. That implies no changing, adding, or removing objects or other aspects from the shot.
7. Your name and the title of the photo must be included in the file name of your entry. As an example:
8. You must identify the person/s in the photo whose story you are trying to tell. You can do this in the content of your email. A panel will evaluate and perhaps disqualify entries that have been taken elsewhere. The panel’s judgment is final and cannot be appealed.
9. This is a portrait and/or human interest photo competition. The picture has to be taken in the markets mentioned, it can be posed or spontaneous, tight or environmental. Remember, the picture has to tell a story.
10. The judging criteria are as follows:
Visual Impact(artistic composition and techniques in photography): 50%
1st Prize : 20,000 worth of SM Gift Certificates
2nd Prize: 10,000 worth of SM Gift Certificates
3rd Prize: 5,000 worth of SM Gift Certificates
The winners will be announced on March 7, 2023.